Crockpot Stuffing with Wild Rice

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, it is time for us to reflect on our blessings. I'm grateful for health, a lovely family, the means to live the high-flyin' Jennie lifestyle, and all that. But for the purposes of this blog, what you need to know is that I'm grateful that Thanksgiving never, ever takes place on a Wednesday.

That said, not only did I pull off #VeganVednesday today, but I even made a Thanksgiving-style vegan crockpot stuffing as our dinner entree, in a nod to the holiday upon us. And it was good! I could legit see stuffing a turkey with this stuff(ing).

Still sporting a bandage, I'm afraid, although it's mercifully smaller than the original version

Not gonna, however, because on special occasions, I say bring on the butter and meat. Also, I have the luxury of not cooking the meal tomorrow, a challenge that my mother-in-law has bravely assigned herself. I'm merely bringing sweet-potato muffins.

Back to our "Crockpot Stuffing with Wild Rice, Cranberries and Almonds" (Well Plated): I cut the recipe in half, and I skinned a pair of Beyond Sausages and added the non-meat. You can add it to the saute pan when you add the mushrooms; they take about the same amount of time. And I used almost a cup of a rice blend, plus a little over 1/4 cup of wild rice.


Remarkably, the sage in my garden is still alive and well
Also, when I went to the fridge to get almonds for the topping, my eyes lit upon some pine nuts, so I toasted those instead and popped them on top.

Two thumbs up, you turkeys.

Entirely unrelated: my small backup dancer came home with this art project today. Is it just me, or does it look kind of menacing?


Comments