Brussels and Ricotta Flatbreads

It is mid-winter and I have had cabin fever for ten months so forgive my crankiness, but the teaser text for "Hot Honey Brussels & Ricotta Flatbreads" (HelloFresh) is - let's not mince words here - stupid:

"In our humble opinion, flatbreads > pizza, any day! We know that may sound blasphemous, but stick with us. First of all, the golden, crispy crust is a veritable blank canvas. It’s not beholden to simply marinara and mozz! In fact, ours is topped with herby lemony ricotta, tender shredded Brussels sprouts, Italian cheese, Parmesan, lemon zest, and a drizzle of hot honey. Can your ’za do that?! Yeah, we didn’t think so."

That is stupid because a pizza is a flatbread and you can put whatever the sam hell you want on it.


But that criticism aside, this was a good recipe. I am not a HelloFresh subscriber so for my "flatbreads," I used a favorite recipe for - guess what? - pizza dough, which I grilled on our grill machine with the lid open. Grill one side, flip it and load it then grill the other side with the toppings on.



For the "hot honey," I drizzled regular honey, then I sprinkled some hot sauce on the flatbreads of the members of this family who like spicy things, by whom I mean me only. And I just used the random cheeses in my fridge rather than an "Italian cheese blend." Ditto for dried thyme, parsley, oregano, basil vs. "Italian seasoning." This isn't rocket science,

The result was enjoyed by all, with the possible exception of my backup dancer Bernie. He should be pleased, though, that we minimize our meat consumption for the sake of fighting climate change, which is a policy priority for him.



Comments