Hybrid of Tomato Pie and Tart Recipes

You know that tomato pie is one of my favorite summer recipes. Don't pretend you don't know this. I go on and on about it at the drop of a hat, ask anyone.

You may also remember me recently making a tomato and goat cheese tart, after which I had some pastry left over. I portioned it out and stuck it in little ramekins (which I purchased secondhand at a thrift sale - earth-friendly!) and froze them, and today I retrieved them from the freezer. 



Without thawing them, I gave them the slightest brush of dijon mustard, and then stuffed them with luscious fresh tomato and the filling from my tomato pie recipe, which is superb etc. etc, as you know. 


Then I stuck them in the toaster oven at 350 degrees.


Then I started writing this blog post, while I waited impatiently. Then I took a selfie with one hand behind my back to illustrate my blog writing, which is hard to do, but just one of the many impressive skills that I bring to my environmentalism.



I know you already know this too, but as a reminder, this blog is all about how I minimize the amount of meat I eat, for environmental reasons.

I baked the pies for about 35 minutes. I debated whether to remove them from the ramekins for serving, but learned the hard way that I should just leave them in.

Whoops

They were good! I still prefer them with a flaky pastry rather than this breadstick-like crust, but no question, they were good, and my backup dancers and I all polished ours off, plus servings of Carrots D'Amour. And eating them out of the individual ramekins was sort of fun.

Our fall palette is very orange.





Comments