Farro Cassoulet with Beyond Sausage

"Skillet Farro and Turkey Sausage Casserole with Kale and Sweet Potatoes" (This Gal Cooks) is really just a cassoulet with a name geared toward search engine optimization. And when I make it, which I'm definitely going to do again, it has fake sausage!


All my experiences with Beyond Sausage have been positive (see here and here). It tastes and feels and performs like real sausage. I highly recommend it. For this dish, I found that just like real sausage, it does have a casing, which is peeled off easily enough.

I used homemade veggie stock. Do yourself a favor, and make a batch of it some weekend, then freeze whatever you don't use right away. Tonight, I pulled a four-cup container of it out of the freezer, dumped the lump of veggie ice into a pan over high heat, and thawed it in minutes.


Everyone liked this cassoulet. Count it among the meatless winners, and if you leave off the cheese, it'll be vegan, too! I'd just sprinkle some flaky salt on top instead, if skipping the cheese.


Comments