The Beyond Burger

You already know I'm a fan of the Impossible Burger, so I had to try the Beyond Burger, which can be purchased uncooked at Whole Foods.



It was Mother's Day, and my extended family got the option of trying them, too! Bless them for their open minds.



Alas, I wasn't wild about them. To be fair, I had stuffed myself all afternoon with cheese and crackers, so I wasn't especially hungry. But they seemed a little dry, and simply lacking in the juiciness that a person craves in a burger.

It certainly LOOKS good, served with potato salad and fruit!


However, I still had two more patties in the fridge tonight, so I tried them again - this time on the stovetop (a non-stick pan is key) rather than the sandwich press as previously. They were better this time, and I think maybe they were overcooked the first time. I am still a little lukewarm, but hey, gotta save the planet, right?

Tonight I served them on regular bread, cut to be round, because I couldn't be bothered buying burger buns. Amazing alliteration, amiright?

To be honest, this picture is less about the food than my lovely bright green springy lawn, which I had just mowed. It is growing like mad thanks to a lot of rain lately. In case anyone thinks my environmentalism is limited to foods and plastics, you should know that I use a reel mower and it is hard work, but great exercise!



Comments