Cheesy Bean Tomato Bake

I made "Cheesy White Bean-Tomato Bake" last night (NYT Cooking) and it was as easy as the recipe promised. However, I got the notion to add a random unearmarked tomato that was sitting on my counter, which I threw into the skillet before starting in with the garlic. Unfortunately, that juicy tomato made a mess of splatters when I put it in the hot oil, so don't be me; don't add a tomato. But the rest of the recipe went off without a hitch.


As you can see, I served this vegetarian and gluten-free dish with tortilla chips for scooping, and it was well-received by my backup dancers. 

You may be aware that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) came out with another soul-gutting report, ten days ago. If you knew this, you might still be cowering under your bedcovers. The IPCC always gives it to us straight, and it always crushes me. Remember when it crushed me in 2019? How about in 2022? Its 2021 report particularly got to me, hoo boy.

But the IPCC delivers truths that people need to hear. The panel has been clear in report after report that humanity is not reacting proportionately to the reality of climate change and the risks of its future impacts.

You and I can't turn that ship around ourselves, friends. But when we take steps as individuals--like eating less meat and dairy, since animal agriculture is a significant contributor to climate change--we send a signal to others that everyone's actions against climate change are critical.


Comments