Green Curry Glazed Tofu

Since I recovered from COVID last month, I have been pleased to think of myself as temporarily immune to reinfection, to some degree. Boy, does it feel good! But why stop there? Like I always say, if something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. It didn't take long before I concluded that I am not merely immune, but in fact immortal.

Accordingly, I've been doing things that I haven't done in two and a half years. I went to a movie! I was so excited that I accidentally arrived half an hour early, which is why the theater was empty. 



I rode NJ Transit into the city!


I saw "Wicked" on Broadway!


Stay tuned for more of my newly immortal adventures, but one thing that hasn't changed is minimizing my animal-based food consumption, for environmental reasons. 

Tonight I made "Green Curry Glazed Tofu" (NYT Cooking; subscription required), which is vegan and gluten-free. "Why not cube the tofu instead of slicing it?" I wondered, and since I am immortal, I threw caution to the wind and cubed it. 


I realized, a bit late, that it would have taken less time to brown it if I'd sliced it. It would also have been faster if I hadn't opted to use asparagus and fresh English peas as my vegetables, because it takes time to peel the former and shell the latter.


And a third dubious choice was only adding a small amount of green curry paste, because I live in fear of my small backup dancer recoiling at any hint of spiciness. Consequently, both backup dancers described the final dish as "bland", and they were right. I should have used more curry paste.

Fourth dubious choice: strange backup-dancer's-eye angle of this photo

But the curry wasn't bad, served over rice. In any case, I'll have plenty of future opportunities to improve on it since I'm going to live forever.


Comments