Farro Salad

What's one more voice condemning the violence and lunacy at the U.S. Capitol yesterday? But we can't not talk about it, even if we just came here for a review of a vegetarian recipe as a way of addressing climate change. So this is my voice, condemning this place that America has become, where there is hatred, sociopathy, racism, denial of science, sedition, delusion, deadly political charade. It sickens and depresses me.

And while we are all reeling from that, our other problems aren't going away. I guess that is why I talked myself into writing a post today about a darned farro salad. 

Climate change is real. Climate change is caused by people. Climate change is already changing some of our lives for the worse, and far worse still is coming. It is within our power to address climate change, as a civilization and as individuals.

One way that you can address climate change as an individual is to reduce your consumption of animal products.

"Best-Ever Farro Salad" (Delish) is a vegetarian dish. We adults liked it a lot. My small backup dancer was a little less thrilled, which is too bad, because I've already put it back on the dinner calendar for a date a few weeks from now. She'll learn to like it. I made it with spinach rather than arugula. My one piece of advice is to use less oil. I'll try it with 1/4 cup next time.


I used to work for a U.S. Senator. When I left that job, on one of my final days, I stayed until late in the day so I could meander around the empty, beautiful Capitol to take pictures. Partisanship was bad then, years ago, but it has gotten worse. We need to find a way to get past it and have this place be a symbol again of hope and progress.









Comments