Butternut Squash Miso Pasta

Tonight's dinner used a recipe from a local woman who not only has a blog with very delicious-looking vegan recipes, but has just started a meal delivery business. It would be fun to meet her someday, if we ever get to meet people again.

"Butternut Squash Miso Mac n’ Cheese" (The Colorful Kitchen) does not, of course, contain cheese. It is plenty tasty, though, thanks to the miso and nutritional yeast, which balance out the sweetness of the squash. While the recipe suggests liquid smoke, I turned instead to a favorite seasoning: smoked paprika. I could put that stuff on/in everything.


Here we see the sauce before I blended it, staged in front of my attractive new collection of air plants:


I have judged that the main things standing between me and emotional collapse this winter will be 1) heated gloves, and 2) houseplants. The gloves and plants are shouldering a heavy burden. I hope they will not let me down.

Here's the pasta with the sauce before I threw in the roasted broccoli. I did find the sauce a tad bit liquid, so I cooked it down slightly while I boiled the pasta. 



Here's the final, earth-friendly product, with its sprinkling of that delectable smoked paprika. The roasted veg is important, I would say. Broccoli worked perfectly well.

Comments