Soba Noodles with Crispy Kale

"Today was just a day fading into another, and that can't be what a life is for," as voiced by Counting Crows. While accurate and sad, there are far worse problems a person could have, in these dark times. Is my family the only one still isolating, though?

Tonight I made "Soba Noodles with Crispy Kale" (Bon Appetit), which no one liked but me. The sauce was the source of offense. So maybe use less of the sauce, if you make it. Or change the sauce in some way. Sometimes tahini is unwelcome. I would also say you could cut back a tad on the yeast. I left off the pepper flakes entirely.


This dish is vegan! That's a win for Planet Earth.

The only other thing to report is that my flower garden is fairly spectacular right now. In part, it has reached a state of fruition after I've been working on it for, what, four years? But also, the cool spring with its balanced sunshine and rain has benefited a lot of the plants.




Comments