Pan Pizza

After seeing a friend's mouthwatering Facebook post about this "Crispy Cheesy Pan Pizza" (King Arthur Flour recipe), I had to try it.

Unfortunately, after looking forward to it for a week, I pulled up the recipe yesterday two hours before dinner time, and noticed something I hadn't seen the first time around:


Um, what?? Sixteen HOURS? So we did not have it for dinner last night. But I started it yesterday, and we had it tonight! And it was worth the wait.



I added mushrooms as the final step before putting it in the oven.

After adding the dough to the pan, 2.5 hours before baking

As Pat noted, we "housed" that pizza. Yeah, we ate the whole thing, just the three of us. And we had NO VEGETABLES to go with it. And we had cookies afterward! Quarantine, man. It has not had a positive influence on my judgment. But I have no regrets about this meal.


The one downside to this recipe is that it did stick mightily to my pan. I later peeled off most of what you see along the sides of the pan in this photo, and ate those crispy crusty bits, but there is still a lot left that will not be fun to clean.


Unrelatedly, I think you should know that today was a glorious spring day in this part of the world, and I feel very lucky that we have a yard in which to enjoy spring, especially when we can't go anywhere else.




Comments