Banana Bread

Things are bleak. My backup dancer and I continue baking against this bleakness. Yesterday we baked banana bread. It is freaking awesome, as I wrote in my bible, Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything," after the first time I made this recipe.



We had two bananas so we went with 2/3 of all the ingredients, and I also threw in some chocolate mini-chips. For the egg, we used one whole egg and one yolk. I saved that one little egg white for another purpose, because I now live in fear of running out of food, however irrational that is at the moment.

I am, as always, compelled to note how lucky I am: to be able to pay for groceries; to have a weekly grocery delivery that hasn't failed so far; to be able to afford and able to pick up prepared food or have it delivered. I don't take those circumstances for granted at all, and we make donations to others who are less fortunate.



Since it was 2/3 of a recipe, it wasn't very tall in the pan, but I assure you that did not affect the deliciousness one smidge.



For dinner, we made spiced chickpea stew.



My garden is an ongoing source of joy. A new kind of daffodils started blooming in the last couple of days.





Comments