Spinach, Goat Cheese, and Herb Quiche

A very "happy" St. Patrick's Day to you. Remember last year, when fun was had on this holiday? This morning, in contrast, I didn't even remember to put on green when I stared at my closet and chose an outfit based on its potential to make me feel most human during another absurdly abnormal day (bright red pants; off-white sweater with bell sleeves).



I'm holding on to my March Meatlessness, but at some point I imagine I will relax my vegetarian intent. A person needs comfort where she can find it in these dark days. Sometimes, that's smoked salmon, or a burger. We'll see.

Tonight, meanwhile, I jazzed up "Quiche With Herbs and Goat Cheese" (NYT Cooking) with about half a bunch of fresh spinach, steamed then squeezed then chopped, to make it both healthy and green. The quiche turned out perfectly. How often do you read THAT in this blog?! I almost always screw up SOMETHING! I'm taking my victories where I can get them.



I used "Never-Fail Pastry" instead of the Times' version.



Stay inside, stay calm, stay healthy, everyone!



Comments