Zucchini Jack Casserole and Strawberry Cake

We had some friends over last night for "Zucchini Jack Casserole" (A Garden For the House), corn on the cob, biscuits (Bittman, obvi), and "Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake" (NYT Cooking, subscription required). It all turned out splendidly, if I do say so myself. As it is getting late and all I want to do is finish the book* I am reading, I'm going to let the photos do most of the talkin' tonight.

All produce came from the farmers market, and parsley came from my own garden.

This is the casserole before it went into the oven. I actually only mixed the chiles into half the casserole, because I am more than a little weary of hearing my young backup dancer complain that things are "spicy," but actually I don't think she'd even have noticed; the added heat is very subtle.

My guests are the best for humoring my blogging aspirations.


This was as good as it looks. Strawberries from the farmers market were perfect for the recipe.


*The book is "Fleishman is in Trouble," by Taffy Brodesser-Akner....a local novelist! I am loving the book and would love to meet her.


Comments