Curried Coconut Corn Soup

The flavors in "Curried Coconut Corn Soup," from Food52, are really great. It takes some time to make, but it was worth it. I served it with steamed green beans and slices of homemade sandwich bread (recipe from Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything").

I had a cup or so of leftover veggie stock in the fridge, so I used that as a starting point for the corn stock for the soup.

I ended up using about 2 cups of stock in the soup.

I'm done waxing on about stock now. The photos shall do the rest of the waxing.


Oh one more note: I mixed my oat milk byproduct slurry into the bread! But to be honest, the bread tasted the same as it always does, slurry or not.





Final note: this meal was actually vegan, unlike yesterday's meal which I mistakenly and repeatedly referred to as vegan even after blithely stirring delicious cheese into it.

Comments