Pasta with Pesto

Remember Meatless March, and how it took place in March? Which is basically still winter? We ate a lot of root vegetables and dried/canned goods that month, didn't we? It turned out alright, but boy am I glad those dark days are over.

There are few things that holler "summer" to me quite as insistently as pesto. I love pesto. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I use the recipe that came with my miniature food processor. Probably there are better pesto recipes, but the point is that you cannot go wrong with pesto.




I bought the basil at the South Orange farmer's market today, along with the tomatoes and corn I served with it.






Unrelatedly, some of my legions of fans may know that my family has a passing interest in the Revolutionary War.

Washington and Hamilton

This past weekend, we attended a reenactment of the 1780 Battle of Springfield, NJ, apparently a pivotal battle of the war. It was pretty much awesome.


Revolutionaries

Redcoats!

Comments