Mac & Cheese & Peas & Beans & Radishes

I am so happy that our local farmers markets are back in business for the season. Among the things I picked up this week was a bunch of radishes, with an eye to making sandwiches using the recipe for "Roasted Radishes with Honey, Lemon, and Thyme," from the Delicious Living blog.

Things did not go as planned. You're shocked, right? SHOCKED.



I had bought a woefully inadequate quantity of radishes, as it turned out, but I recovered. I made the sauce per the recipe and threw in some green beans, and roasted the two veggies together. (I should have started with the radishes and added the beans later, because they didn't take as long to cook, but whatever.)




Pat made us some very beautiful cocktails.



And then I had my backup dancer shell some farmer's market peas, and we threw those into some Kraft Mac & Cheese, and dinner was served. All's well that ends well.



Today I was a volunteer at the Maplewood South Orange Book Festival, for the third year running. I love books, and authors, and other people who love books and authors.


Comments