Ranch Grilled Cheese

I was skeptical when I eyed the recipe for "Ranch Grilled Cheese" on Tasting Table, because you are supposed to slather the ranch mayo on the OUTSIDE of the sandwich, then slap it on the griddle. The OUTSIDE!! The sheer audacity of that!

I put skepticism aside, and my backup dancer Emma assisted with mixing and slathering the ranch mayo, using a portion of a packet of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning. Be warned, that stuff is salty.

We used a blend of regular and smoky cheddar. Lo and behold, the result was smashing. My one regret is that I could have gotten away with less butter - maybe half. I served it with roasted broccoli.



As Sam Sifton of NYT Cooking would write, this news is a far cry from cheesy comfort food, but our dear friend Ginge became a U.S. citizen yesterday! Ginge is from England. I attended the ceremony for her and 28 other immigrants. Having studied hard for the test, she probably knows more about American government and history than I do at this point, and I am proud of and delighted for her.

Ginge in red, plus star-spangled tights

Comments