Butter Tofu

Meatless March is over, but I'm still here! And I made a crazy good vegetarian dish tonight: "Indian Butter Tofu," from NYT Cooking (subscription required - for my thoughts on why a subscription is worthwhile, read here).



Well, *I* thought it was crazy good. My backup dancers' reactions were muted. Not NEGATIVE, just muted. More for me, I say.



Knowing my audience, I had made it not spicy: I used a mild chili powder (Stop-and-Shop brand is very mild) and not quite as much ginger as specified, and I didn't add that final teaspoon of turmeric at the end.

In my spare time, I'm still fighting Big Plastic, and if you like whales, then you too will be motivated to fight Big Plastic when you read about the 48 pounds of plastic that were in one poor whale when it died. I apologize that the article is depressing. But plastic bag bans like the one my town is considering do help reorient consumers away from plastic. That is a step in the right direction.



Comments