Peanut Stew and Pumpkin Seeds

Do you sometimes find containers like this in your freezer? Leftovers from some forgotten meal from the past? I feel fortunate that I labeled this one ("veggie peanut stew") and even offered a serving suggestion ("serve w/rice"); usually they are just tubs of frozen mystery food because I am always sure I will remember what they are, and I am always wrong.



However, I don't know where I got the recipe, so you're out of luck in that respect. Which is a bit of a shame, because it was surprisingly tasty upon thawing and reheating. Served over rice, of course.



Given the lack of further things to say about veggie peanut stew, I thought I would share this handy chart that  a friend brought to my attention:



I was interested in how these foods compare to meat when it comes to protein, and she helpfully dug up this other chart:


If I can ever bring myself to really cut back on non-meat animal products (I'm thinking about it! Baby steps, people!), then I can see how getting enough protein might be a concern. For now.....eggs milk cheese yogurt butter nom nom nom, and no worries on the protein front.

But I did toast myself some protein-packed pumpkin seeds after I saw this! Go pumpkins go!


Comments